Monday, April 23, 2012

My Creative Space

I am forever scouring the Internet looking at the creative spaces of others and end up drooling and wishing I had what they have...but it isn't so, but I must say I do LOVE my creative space and it meets my needs quite well. Welcome and come take a tour:
 This room belonged to my toddler, but since he would not sleep in it and my creativity was all over my family room and kitchen sideboard...I moved him out and me in...we are both very happy now. This is not a huge room, but it is cozy and quite bright.
 The buffet style changing table/dresser stayed and has been put to perfect use. It displays lots of product ready for market. I covered to canvases with some fabric I really like and made an elastic bulletin out of them to display past creations. Baskets hold other creations and wool scraps.
 Drawers hold broad cloth, printed cotton and flannel, all laid out for easy perusal. The little cupboard holds felt, material scraps and recycled fabric pieces and such.
 This is the business side of Darla Creations and another bulletin board I made. I also have my cutting board on the desk since it is so big!
 This is where I do most of sewing machine sewing....see the cradle full of MONSTERS! I can look out into the backyard. I love the old vintage sewing machine and even more so my NEW machine that my husband bought me...I am so lucky to have his support.
 I make dolls and I inherited this Legion Doll from my mother when she passed away recently. This doll was made for her and it is in full Legion uniform, I am so happy to be able to have it displayed in my creative space. My mom was creative when we were young, making quilts, sewing curtains (she made the ones at this window) and loved to crochet.
 I have lots of little places to put baskets and products.
Yet another sewing machine in this area. I use it just to sew felted wool. It was a gift from a friend who didn't need it anymore and it has really inspired me to sew, create and make the products that I do, however I have been a full-time crafter for more than 8 yrs and have dabbled all my life and even studied art and art history at Acadia...it is in be to create. I love this picture on the wall of my boys that I took, they are my world and certainly aide me in my creative thinking  process and execution.
So this it, the grand tour, not amazing, but comfortable and does the trick...oh I should mention that I have whole another room in the attic that hold all the surplus supplies...piles of felted sweaters, fabric, paper, machines, display items and so much more....enough for a whole another POST!

No comments:

Post a Comment