Monday, March 19, 2012

Creative Play

I really wanted to get some work done this afternoon, my creative need was beckoning me, but my little man was also constantly calling my name. Truly the largest Human Resource issue that Work at Home Moms face... and we must be creative in out attempts to solve the problem, we cannot call in a sitter, ship them off to the neighbour or for me send him to Nanny's house. He also loves to venture into my creative space and claim all items for himself...today once again he found himself drawn to the fabric drawer... and what should appear, but that same Bob the Builder material he spotted last week that he begged me to make something out of, for him, of course. I had said no, he had said, it is craft night, I said, I am busy, he says, I need something..well today he "got" that something....and I can still use the material for its intended purpose later on.....

And as if this teepee/tent was not enough for fill his needs, he went over to the door where some finished product hung and decided he needed something else, it is not like it was not just hanging there. I really have trouble saying no, and so I let him choose, now one would think he would choose the one with tools on it, but no cupcakes...WHY? "I love cupcakes", he says. Enough said.

This cupcake toolbelt/apron would allow him to have a belt like Woody (he loves Toy Story) and all was well and my own productive creativity prevailed and together in our creative space had a wonderful afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. what a wonder story and what great pictures this is truly a day to remember fondly

    ReplyDelete