Monday, January 30, 2012

27 days....

I am sure you did not read it here first, as all that has been on TV lately is awards show, and I have so say, I watch, not always do I listen, but oh do I critique...yes the wardrobe choice, not whether or not the winner deserved to to win or the other deserved to be nominated. Actually I am really not qualified for any sort of critique, but my personality leads me to have an opinion nonetheless. One thing my friends know, if I don't like your outfit, and you asked my opinion, I will tell you...if you don't want the truth don't ask. But more importantly, it is 27 days until Oscar Night, and well for me that means walking the Red Carpet, no! in Hollywood, in little old SJ and to be more precise my dining room.


A few years back, I decided that my friends needed an excuse to wear clothes that they had no place to wear them, clothes that made them feel special, if not glamorous...well to my surprise everyone was on board, and the event has grown...why someone has not created a fundraiser based on this who knows, so much better than "Wine Tasting" and much more classy. So now, the issue, WHAT to wear.... Last year was SIMPLE


I wore this amazing dress crocheted by my dear friend Sharon from a Vintage McCall's Magazine...the dress was Oscar Red Carpet, She was my Nora Walker and I was her Catherine, minus the $10,000, but a friendship weighed in gold.


So this year, I am at a loss....I have lots of bling....


But, not sure what to wear with it....another reason not to purge those dresses a talked about a few blogs back...never know when you may have to dig deep. Also, I am not a seamstress, so I am hoping something fits...oh and did I mention that I have been saving my dryer sheets...yeah I have....I might not be a seamstress, but I am crafty....oh and I do have an amazing Sari, I have yet to wear. What I do know is that I will not be wearing a strapless number with wings or fans (not sure what the technical style word would be) coming up from my boobs, they have enough issues without trying to make them fly or creating an opportunity for them to catch all the crumbs from the yummy food we will be eating. All I know for certain is that I am going to have blast, and I can't wait to see what everyone is wearing...it truly is the best part....oh and sharing the night with great FRIENDS!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT BLOG AND I AM SURE THAT YOU WILL WEAR SOMETHING GREAT AND THAT WE WILL HAVE A GREAT NIGHT SHARING WHY WE CHOOSE OUR CHOICES

    ReplyDelete